Monday, January 4, 2016

the exhausted woman

Today is Monday...Not only is it Monday but the first day back to work from Holiday break.  Obvioulsy I did not get up this morning and drive to work, but I did get up this morning and got back to normal life while my husband went back to work.  He was home from work for the holidays for 2 weeks so you can only imagine how great it was having him around.  We took turns every other night getting up with Copelan so that was a huge help. Today it's back to mommy and Copelan so I remind myself of one thing..just relax.
If only it was that easy right..!? I'm not talking about sitting on the couch reading with tea or watching a show ( although the first option sounds rather relaxing) I'm talking about slowing down and not worrying and trying to do everything.  Today I have had to push myself to not lay on the couch all day because I am exhausted and I've had to push myself not to rely on coffee all day..I won't allow it!
Relaxing also means not focusing and worrying about how much my back hurts and how tired I am.  If I focus on those then I feel miserable. Relaxing means doing what you can as far as housework goes. I got dishes done and dinner in the crockpot and that is good.  Relaxing means letting Jesus fill my heart with peace and taking comfort in him and his word.  I literally had the excuse pop in my head earlier that I'm to exhausted to spend time with Jesus..What an excuse!!! Laying down or drinking more coffee will only make me grumpy because I still will not feel rested. Taking time to spend with our Lord and Savior needs to be a priority.
All of us women no matter what we do in our daily lives through out the week  are all exhausted no matter what our circumstances and we need to relax and let the Lord rejuvenate us and give us the strength we need to keep going.  If you only have a few minutes of quiet today just read a verse and pray that verse over your life and for those around you.  We put to much pressure on ourselves as women to do to much on every area of our life. Just spend time with Jesus it could be for 10 min 30 minutes or an hour..Just give God your exhaustion and let him fill you up.
Here is a start: Matthew 11:28 Come to me all who are weary and burdened and I will give you rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment