Friday, January 1, 2016

It's a new year

My oh my how time flies...I can't believe it is 2016 already! 2015 was a short year it now feels like..
If there was 2 words I could use to describe 2015 they would be new and exciting.  Last year was a year full of newness and excitement..this time last year we had just revealed to close family and friends that we were expecting.  After trying, praying waiting and trusting in God for 2 years we finally became pregnant.  We literally started the new year off last year by sharing the excitement with the people closest to us.  From there we tried to prepare as much as we could to become parents and welcome our little guy into the world.  He came in the fall and from there we have laughed, cried, had sleepless nights, been worried, scared and so incredibly joyful. I know there are more of all these emotions to come...
2016 is here and we are ready for change and growth. I know this year we will experience so many firsts.  I cherish each moment I have with my family and each moment I am with my son.  Getting up in the mornings ( so early) is no longer dreadful.  Getting out of my comfy warm bed when I am so tired is so worth it when I walk in Copelan's room and he is smiling at me as soon as he hears my voice.  Motherhood has changed me in so many amazing and incredible ways..I'm excited for what this year has. 
It's a new year and I choose to try my best to be healthier, to go deeper in my walk with the Lord, to take one day at a time and cherish every moment that life has for me. Life is overwhelming and tough at times but I choose to take one day at a time and smile big....
It's a new year what do you choose...!?

No comments:

Post a Comment