Monday, January 11, 2016

supermom..?

As I blog a few times through the week my post are just as much for me as they are for all of you. I said a couple of months ago that I wanted to share my journey of motherhood with others. I want my journey to encourage and help others. We see others and compare and think that is what motherhood will be like but when it really happens to us we find out its something completely different , and something we never would have imagined. It's the most wonderful yet tiring thing ever to experience. I started reading a book last night that a lady from our church let me borrow and it is amazing so far and would recommend it to any mother. It's like I wrote those words on the pages because it is exactly how I feel and what I have been going through.
The book is called Tender mercies for a mother's soul by Angela Thomas Guffey. There is a line from the book that I love she says The calling of motherhood is not be supermom but to be a woman of God to your children. This line is how I need to look at things.  I can't be supermom but I can trust and follow God to lead me and show my children that. Everyday is something new now and last week was an emotional rollercoaster but this is a new week. I choose to try harder this week not to be supermom but to let the Lord guide me and lead me and give me rest.
Last night we put Copelan down for a nap around 6 and then we both layed on the couch and took a power nap and that allowed us to be rested up fro the rest of the evening. There was still feedings and playtime before Copelan's actual bed time. There will always be laundry and dishes but sometimes we just need a power nap to fuel us up for the rest of the day or night. This Journey of motherhood in only 4 months and grown me and stretched me and showed me who I am. I am changing for the better..you are supposed to let motherhood change you.  Let yourself become stronger, more patient, more loving, caring, grow in your faith, balance things, forgive easier and do a lot with a little time. These are just a few of the ways motherhood has changed me in these 4 short but long months. Let motherhood change you to be a better person.
http://www.mommysmetime.com/when-motherhood-changes-you-and-why-it-might-not-be-so-terrible/
This a blog that I love reading by a Christian mom.  Very encouraging and great to read as a mom this particular post is about letting mother change you and how it's a good thing. I read this when I was pregnant and have gone back to read it several times since. :) Give it a read!

No comments:

Post a Comment