Monday, March 19, 2012

some sunshine to boost my mood

Ever wake up and just want to stay in bed... all day? Well today was one of those days. No particular reason I  just felt blah and not motivated. So yes I could have just stayed in bed with my coffee, Zoe and the T.V. Instead I decided I am not going to live like that. I am going to be joyful..I am going to enjoy the things that God has given me.
 Today is the last day of winter and it is 80 degrees out and it feels wonderful:) Today I will spend the day outside. I will take a walk and pray, I will read, journal, and even do something crafty. On days like these it's not okay to just be content with the way we feel and not to do anything about it. Life tries to bring us down, and it sure can if we let it. God has not called us to live a life of no smiles, of sitting in bed all day, a life of contentment. He has called us to live a life in him full of joy, excitement and embracing what he has given us. 
I want to live by that more, I want to say God gave me this day what am I going to do with it..?

I did something crafty already and i sat on the porch in the beautiful sunshine. I made scarfs/necklace and headbands out of tshirts. I used the sleeves to make the headbands. I used to shirts to combine colors:) I actually enjoyed this and it was easy. I found 2 shirts that I don't wear ever, and cut them up. Here are some pics of how they turned out:)

No comments:

Post a Comment