Tuesday, September 27, 2011

His prized possession

As I am reading through the bible this morning, pondering on what this week and what this month will bring for the children's ministry at church I stumble upon a verse that seriously makes me step back read it again. James 1:18 He chose to give birth to us by giving us his true word. And we, out of all creation became his prized possession.  Whoa! Did you see that? We out of ALL creation became HIS prized possession. I absolutely love this! The whole first part of the chapter is about trusting in God, having joy and not letting your faith waver. When I get to verse 18 I realize why should we no trust or not be able to have joy. Just the fact that out of everything God created I am his prized possession makes me full of joy.
 This is of course not the only part of the bible that tells us this. Psalm 139 tells us that he knew everything about us before we were even created, and he knows our thoughts. Our God is so awesome! I don't care what you say I'm pretty sure there isn't anyone who loves us like he does.
 When these verses these truths become real to me I realize the things we make a big deal of in life are silly and small. God knows everything about us and yes we have bad days, but I am God's treasure and he loves me and holds me in his hands. We are God's prized possession! Think about that...Now how do you feel? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment