Monday, September 19, 2011

sacrifice and love

"Your love never fails it never gives up it never runs out on me"
 This line of a song is stuck in my head, and I love it! We all needed to be reminded so much of his love, and that it doesn't end. My continuing prayer for the past few days has been about selfishness. I didn't really think of myself as being selfish until i took a step back and examined things. God has called us to live a life of love and sacrifice. Sacrifice means we don't always get what we want and we are going to have to deal with it. I realized that although I can do with it I could be rather whiny and complain alot.
 You see I like going to bed at a decent time and not being out real late, and I enjoy being by my husbands side.  I guess I like doing things when I want on my terms as dumb as that sounds it has been true. I want to be an example as a woman of God, and I want to be able to lead by example. You see when I complain and act as if it's all about me that's not being an example.
  We attended an event with the youth group, and when i look back on the event i realized that i didn't get what i could have out of it because of my attitude. My husband said one thing that really made me think about my actions. He said it wasn't at all about us it was for the youth, and when we were that age there were youth leaders who I am sure didn't want to be out late or be in a van or probably many things they didn't want to do but they sacrificed for us.
 I realized my husband was so right, and he didn't say it but yeah i was selfish i tried to make this fun event about me and my life. I want to examine every part of my life and get all of the "it's all about me" mentality out.  I want to live my life as a sacrifice and with love and as an example to everyone around me young and old.
Thank you Jesus that your love never runs out or gives up on me when I choose to make things about me and not about you.  Thank you Lord for your never ending love. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment