Sunday, September 11, 2011

choose to laugh at yourself

This morning started out as a normal Sunday morning getting ready for Kidz 4 Christ that is until my phone took a plunge in the toilet. So at that I just laughed and went on with things. I need a new phone anyway, so i laughed it off. It seemed to set off my morning in a funny way.  Church starts and almost everything I speak to the kids is all jumbled up. I couldn't seem to get my words in the right order. (Slightly funny) The best part though is when you don't even catch yourself until after you say it all, then you think oh Jeesh I mixed those two words up and that made no sense. I chose to laugh my way through those silly things this morning.
 In Kidz 4 Christ we have been and will be for the next few weeks talking about Jonah.  The book of Jonah has only four chapters and is a very well known story. You hear the word Jonah you immediately think man swallowed by whale. When we think of it more than a story we know and heard when we were five you can learn a lot  of the small book of Jonah.  I enjoy the fact that such a  common well known story is being disected and we are learning so much more than Joanh was disobedient and got eaten by a large fish. (whale)
All the things we read in the bible are so much more than stories they are about poeple just like you and me. When I was explaing things to the kids today I realized we may not get eaten by a fish but we have alot in common with Joanh. I love that as I am teaching the kids these life lessons from the bible they also become more real to me. "Choices" The subject of our lesson today in church. I told about my funny morning because I chose to not let the way things were going ruin what God wanted to do. Sometimes we need to laugh about it, and let it go and this morning was one of those times. We all  have choices everyday and I pray the same thing for me that I explained to the kids, that God will help me everyday to make the right choices in all that I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment