Tuesday, August 28, 2018

My greatest adventure

The definition of the word adventure is a very exciting or unusual experience.
Did I travel somewhere?
Did I do something risky and crazy?
Did I try something new?
Not necessarily...you see my greatest adventure is my life..I'm living my adventure and it's pretty exciting. It's exciting because I never know what to expect. One day I wake up and have alone time with coffee and awesome bible study and the next day my kids wake up at 5 am. I've traveled to the park a lot lately and the weather has been fantastic. Going to the park with 2 toddlers can be risky..just last week copelan was climbing a rock wall at the park and fell from the top so that was scary. He didn't get hurt,,,, Shew! Most of the time I feel like a crazy person..haha I constantly have like 50 things on my mind
When I became a wife almost 8 years ago it was new and all the things we went through as a couple was all very new and then having our first kid was new and exciting and then a short time later having our second kid was also new and exciting.
This sounds pretty fun huh!? adventure and the word exciting sounds fun but it's not always icecream and laughs it's sometimes tears and " Lord give me strength today"
I like to call this an adventure because it's absolutely what it is to me..it might not always be fun but there is always something to learn and there is always a fresh new day where we can start over and try again.
We all have our own adventure..it's just how you look at it. Life is stressful and confusing but it's also joyful and exciting. I learn something new every day about me, about our family, our kids and most of all I'm learning more every day how to lean on God and ask him for wisdom. Because life is stressful and confusing I look to God, I seek his kingdom first and trust in him and from that comes joy and the excitement in life. I know God's got my back no matter how bad the day is or the week.
So stop thinking so negative...Your life may be really hard right now but how can you learn from this situation and what is God doing through this?
Remember Colossians 3:2 Set your eyes on things above and not on earthly things
and Philippians 4:8  Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.

Let Let your new adventure begin today by letting God take your cares and worries trust in him and have joy in life knowing no matter what God is in control. 

No comments:

Post a Comment