Thursday, October 4, 2012

Christ in me

Well this morning I actually got up to do my devotion/quiet time with God. I am not a morning person and I have become extremely busy so I have been trying to manage my time. Most likely I will need to try and wake up earlier to get my quiet time in. There is something relaxing about the morning time. The sun is shining, the house is peaceful,drinking tea and got Shine FM on. Now I don't have children so my life shouldn't be so not relaxing, but what I mean by that is morning is completely before the day starts so there are no other thoughts in my head or nothing else to distract me. Even though it takes me a bit to wake up I enjoy trying to have my quiet time in the mornings simply because my mind is cleared so it is easier to think and be focused.
 This morning I read a short devotion called Open heart surgery, and it was simply how until God comes in and replaces our old heart with a heart of him we won't be able to live like a christian. I don't know if that makes any sense, but there are so many things in life that can get us being offended, snapping at our spouse, apathy and so many more but if we have Christ in us it is way easier to push through those things We can not live without his help, but we have to ask him to help us get through some of those things we struggle with. I am not perfect at all but God helps me to be a good wife, and to be a good children's minister.  I am not perfect in either of these things but I know that God is on my side and I can do what I am called to do and be the wife that I am suppose to be to my husband.
I thank God so very much for saving me and loving me and being a friend that I can count on. (From my class last night at church) He always listens and is a good friend and always wants to help us be a better person as long as we are willing.  I am not saying that I will be able to wake up and have a great quiet time every morning, but I will TRY my hardest and even if I don't i will meditate on what I have been reading while getting ready in a rush.
 I encourage all of you to find that time that works best for you to spend time with God. You may not even know how to have a quiet time,but ask God to help you and to give you direction. Have a wonderful day everyone! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment