Thursday, February 16, 2012

old skool parenting

As I am sitting here at my desk today researching, reading and listening I stumbled upon a website that is very interesting. I wanted to share my thoughts on the subject. The subject of the particular blog post I read is old skool parenting..should we go back to it? As I read through many of the methods that parents use today and then look at the " old skool" methods there is a pretty big difference between now and then.  I will not ever judge someones parenting methods.  I am not a parent yet so I obvioulsy don't know what you go through. I am trying to learn and trying to understand things for when I do become a parent.
 All I will say is I want to raise my children up in the Lord, and in this particular blog the things it lists as "old skool" honestly I think are common sense things that need to still be done in the home. )except for a few) The point is that family is important, and I think there needs to be more family time. Do you know what is going on with your kids at school? What they are thinking? Do you discuss what they learned at church? Like I said I am not a parent, I am not jusdging, and I don't htink any of you are bad parents :) I just wanted to share what I thought about what I read.  Here is the site for you to check out yourself if you would like:) http://www.epicparent.tv/epicparent-goes-retro-returns-to-old-skool-parenting/

No comments:

Post a Comment