Sunday, February 12, 2012

I want more..we should all want more

This morning was a really awesome time for me in Kidz church. I had so much fun helping the kids understand what it means to love God and spend time with him. We read in Nehemiah where Ezra got up and read Gods word for hours and hours, and the people listened. the people rejoiced because they then realized how much God loved them. They spent more time listening and worshipping. We learned about the feast of the booths where people who followed God made their own tents and for a whole week stayed their and all that time was spent with God. WHOA! first of all how amazing would that be to not have all the hustle and bustle and to be able to just go away and spend time with God. Anyway it says these people fell in love with God. They spent that week with him and they couldn't get enough of him.
   After that week was over they didn't stop..God was their number one. The bible says they fell in love with God. This happened because they spent time with him, and they more time they spent the more they loved him. The more time we spend with him the more we love, and as that love grows we become stronger, bolder and more joyful and we just can't get enough.
 I absolutely love this..it is just amazing to me, and yes I have read this many times before but when I was teaching those kids today and they were all just starring at me it was like they got it They wanted this..this love. It was an amazing feeling, and all of us together made a commitment to spend at least 5 minutes a day for a week reading God's word The ultimate truth and see if after that they want more. I want to fall deeper in love with God..

No comments:

Post a Comment