Thursday, November 12, 2015

Life with 1

Here lately and especially this morning I am cherishing life with Copelan. At 6:30 a,m. on this dark fall morning I have music playing, a candle lit and my cup of coffee.  I know that someday my life will be filled with more than just 1 kid and it will be very rare to get times like these. I get excited about our future and the things that it will bring.
 I've still been having way more good days than bad days and getting a really good nights sleep helps. I'm learning to cope though even when I am tired..Yesterday I was so tired.  Exercise has helped a lot also..I don't feel like my body is changing much but i feel better about myself and have more energy.
  I'm learning to cherish the little moments and remember that Copelan will only be tiny for so long..(which make me sad to think about) When he wakes up at night i love the cuddles and getting to spend time feeding him, seeing him smile when I talk to him when he wakes in the morning, and hearing him make noise on the baby monitor makes my day. He truly is a blessing and getting to be his mother is the best feeling in the world.
  I'm enjoying and cherishing the time I get with him and although we think we are busy I know that is nothing compared to the some day craziness of having a bigger family.  It all used to seem so distant but now it is so real..I finally am starting to feel like a mother.  I am definitely still adjusting but things are much better.  I would tell any first time mom to give it time things are different and that definitely takes some time to grasp. I would not trade this feeling for anything!
When people say things will change, having kids changes you or everything will be different don't let that scare you. Yes those are all true but it's a really good change and it's all for the good. I'm so glad we are parents and that having Copelan has and will continue to change us.  Let parenthood change you and make you a better person. Be ok with change! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment