Wednesday, November 4, 2015

being a new mom

Yesterday morning I searched the internet on blogs about being a new mom, and I didn't find to many. I found blogs written by moms but as far as experiencing motherhood for the first time I didn't find much. Maybe I didn't search long enough I mean I don't have that much time on my hands..:) That made me think though  I wonder how many other women are going through things for the first time and need to know that they are not alone.  I've decided I want to share my journey and my experience so far. 
 It's been 2 months tomorrow since giving birth and boy has it been a roller coaster.  When we first came home people made food for us for about the first 2 weeks and we always had visitors and people that wanted to help out ( which was awesome) but after about three or four weeks that all settled down. My husband went back to work after a week of being home..BOO! :( Eventually it was just me and Copelan hanging out everyday together. I love him to pieces but I was literally just sitting and binge watching shows on netflix all day...What about work!? My job is slightly different for those of you who don't know me and my husband are the children's directors at our church. I'm on paid staff but he also has a full time job. I do a lot of my work from home ( which has been hard to do now) Last week i actually started going into the office and working again ( that was also hard to do) I literally got a whole 2 things done in the three hours I was there. 
Anyway so the weight of ministry, being a wife a mom and dealing with my new body has been quite overwhelming. I was crying probably everyday from just being so tried and not know how to balance everything.  I went to my 6 week check up 3 weeks ago and my doctor said I had postpartum depression and prescribed me some prozac.  All of that made me feel even more awful...I had a long talk with Josh and was encouraged by ladies at church and said no to the prozac and shut down immediately the thought of being depressed. I said I'm just learning how to balance everything.  
  From that day on there has still been tears but lots of prayer, bible reading and talks with Josh to help me work things out. We stopped eating out and eating junk food my husband cooks most of the meals, and the house stays pretty clean with us working together.  I'm learning to communicate better with him, exercise and have joy in this awesome gift in life that God has given me. I'm obviously still getting adjusted but I'm taking one day at a time and giving everything over to God and letting his strength pull me through. I'm getting a routine down with Copelan and making some time for myself. In doing this I'm making myself be a morning person..When he wakes up at 5 am I fee him and stay up. I've been putting him in his crib while I eat drink coffee, read pray and just have some me time. Other wise i will not get it and feel blah the rest of the day. 
 anyway I want to share my journey and be there for others who may be having a hard time adjusting. I'm still not sure about people i know seeing this..It's hard for me to tell others how i feel so most people have no clue I've been having a rough time. I feel like not enough women talk about there time after baby that they go through.  It's such a  joy being with our babies and watching them growing and developing but what happens to us moms doesn't get talked about. 
 My advice to you communicate with your spouse, read and pray stay ground in God's word, be healthy ( exercise eat good) 
On that note..Copelan is awake! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment