Friday, May 11, 2012

to be inspired

I guess I was feeling a little down when I woke up this morning because Josh is going on his annual canoe trip, but here's the thing it's only for not even 2 whole days, but yes I will miss him greatly. he will not have his phone which I think is what makes it so hard. So i was trying to decide alright it's 8:30 in the morning how am I going to start my day? I watched an episode of 24 but if you know the show you know it is intense and not a very happy show. After that I decided on my favorite movie Julie and Julia. Always inspires me...
 It is a lengthy movie especially when you take a break to cook brunch ( I don't always like to eat breakfast right when I wake up) There are so many reasons I love this movie. Watching it always made me want to start a blog, and I finally did one day. My post today is about one of the many reasons this movie inspires me.
 Inspire
1. to fill with an animating, quickening, or exalting influence: His courage inspired his followers.
2.
to produce or arouse (a feeling, thought, etc.): to inspire confidence in others.
3.
to fill or affect with a specified feeling, thought, etc.: to inspire a person with distrust.
4.
to influence or impel: Competition inspired her to greater efforts.
5.
to animate, as an influence, feeling, thought, or the like, does: They were inspired by a belief in a better future
 This movie tells the story of two women both trying to find their way.  These women are in a transition where they need something to keep them busy. They need something away from the ordinary.  I related to this part in the movie ( which is the beginning) They knew they needed a hobby something new, but it took them some time to figure it out. You see I relate to these because I have realized in life there are so many transition times in life, but especially being a married woman. It's been a year and 2 months and there have been a lot of transition ( learning) and I know there will be more.
 When we first got married and Josh went back to work it was quite a shock. He was on second shift at the time, and I felt exactly like they did in the movie. No idea what to do..I mean what was i supposed to do I had worked all day, and now it's evening and It was just me and Zoe. You see it took a bit for me to find some things that I enjoyed and I could do. I found out that I enjoyed painting, I taught myself how to crochet, cooking ( still learning) and I am sure there is more. I mean there will always be transitions and we have to learn how to handle, and what to make of them.
 To inspire confidence in others: I like that definition because yes it is only a movie and as silly as it maybe it puts this sort of confidence in me as a woman. I can do new things and I can learn how to get through weird times with a loving husband by my side. I am so thankful for my husband and all that he does for us. I can't put it into words they he makes me feel :)
 As silly as it seems for me to be blogging about a movie I did...and it is my blog. :) Have a wonderful day everyone:)

No comments:

Post a Comment